James Beard Award recipient Tyson Cole’s nationally acclaimed Hai Hospitality is accepting applications for an experienced Front of House Restaurant Manager for our Denver location in the RiNo neighborhood.
Hai Hospitality is proud to offer:
Competitive salary, starting at $60,000 annually based on experience
100% paid employee healthcare benefits
Spouse / Children / Family contributions towards medical premiums
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Paid Vacation benefits
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cell phone stipend
Education reimbursements for sommlier, cicerone, sake professional or leadership courses
Dining discounts at all Hai Hospitality locations
Knife Reimbursement Program
Wine Purchase Program (wholesale pricing!)
A little bit about us: Food first and people first, too!
Hai Hospitality is an exciting, multi-concept, emerging restaurant group based in Austin, Texas. Our award-winning restaurant concepts include Uchi, Uchiko, and Loro in Austin, Texas; Uchi, Uchiko, and Loro Houston; Uchi, Uchiba, and Loro in Dallas; Uchi in Denver; Uchi in Miami!
We are an innovative and growing restaurant group and are looking for individuals who are creative, ambitious, and passionate about food.
The Hai experience: It’s about hospitality and giving back. Our employees take pride in their work ethic, their craft, and their creativity. Feel proud of where you work, help create an experience for our guests, and work with cool people.
We look forward to hearing from you!
• Manage employee outcomes by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling,
and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring appraising, and reviewing job
contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and
completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, guest-service, safety, security, and health
standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; identifying, developing, and implementing system
• Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
• Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy restaurant environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation
standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing
disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
• Presence on floor by focusing energy towards the front door, greeting, seating, and interacting with guests.
• Positive emotional connections with our guests and your staff.
• Elements of hospitality that are delivered through Host Stand, SA, Server, and Bartender roles.
• “From Us” protocol and applicable situations.
• Observe upper level management addressing issues that arise involving guest discontent.
OPERATIONS AND SYSTEMS
• Facilities management, trouble shooting and using Facilities Binder effectively.
• POS System: Create Items, menus, nightly reports, and basic day-to-day functions.
• Reservations System: Make a reservation, assign a table, update board, and reservation slots. Be able to read the books
to predict service pace for the night.
• Scheduling: Functions of scheduling and messaging software.
• Learn the basics of inventory counting, input, entry-level reconnaissance and basic cost center management
• Update nightly shift notes, calendars, and email correspondence.
• Maintain strong communication between host stand, floor staff and other managers.
• Collaborative seating strategy with host team. Comprehension of reservation system as a tool for both hospitality
and seamless operation.
• Mandatory attendance and participation at weekly store meetings.
• Follow through with store and team goals and initiatives.
• Utilization of resources; know who to contact when something goes wrong
Previous experience in a Restaurant Manager role for a high-volume, elevated dining concept
Previous expeirence with administrative areas of responsibility in a restaurant such as payroll, P&L, inventory, ordering, etc
Ability to be present and active during long shifts (10 hours)
Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
Available Benefits: PTO and Paid Sick Time, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Educational Reimbursement, Store Discount, Meals