Welcome to the Colorado Restaurant Association Job Board! We created this resource to be an easy-to-access space where hospitality job seekers and employers across Colorado can find one other. There’s never been a better time to join the restaurant industry, and, as you’ll see from the listings below, there are incredible opportunities at all levels of experience. Restaurant work is fun, gratifying, and more lucrative than ever; this industry builds and nurtures the Colorado communities we all love to call home. Find your work family today, right here!
Nitro Chef/ Shop Manager | The Inventing Room
Compensation: Salary | 60,000 | Not-tipped
Availability: Full-Time | Shift: Afternoon, Evening, Weekends
Experience Needed: 2 - 3 years | Job Category: Events, Kitchen Manager, Line Cook, Management, Sous Chef
Hiring Immediately - The Inventing Room is currently looking for its next nitrogen Chef. This is one of the most unique positions in the hospitality industry. Candidate must have 2-5 years food service experience, we will train you on how to use liquid nitrogen and the other fun techniques in the shop. The position includes presenting our Sugar Science demonstration to 15 guests each hour. You must be comfortable speaking in front of a group. This a fast-paced position and after training, there are some days when you will be running the shop solo. We have had our presentation format for a few years, and our guests and chefs love the experience of being able to interact while learning and eating science. You will be lifting a 40lb+ liquid nitrogen tank to make ice creams, space foam etc.. If you want to see what our guests say, check out our reviews.
The position has room for growth in the shop and our catering operation. For large events, we will shut down the store and pull everyone for the event. If you have ever wanted to learn about our techniques and work in the literal Inventing Room, please send us your resume. We are currently hiring one chef, please email your resume to us if you are interested. We are family owned and operated, and have been in business for 16+ years.
Interview will include a stage and we are looking for a long term person, with the possibility of partial ownership in the shop after two years. The ideal candidate will have an extroverted personality as this position requires interaction and “food entertainment” and a strong sense of leadership. Our guests are of all ages - you must be able to engage with guests age two to 95. This position is a great fit for line cooks/ chefs that would like a different food experience.
Assist in food production and execution of all recipes provided. Create memorable and positive "entertainment" experiences for our guests.
- Previous kitchen experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Experience in customer service related position
- Detail oriented and organized, strong ability to multitask
- Must have great communication skills
- Management experience is a plus
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and provide own transportation
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and trust
- Strong motivation and eager to learn new skills
- Knowledge of sanitation codes and ability to manage proper sanitation
Hours and Wages
Salary - $60,000+
Full-time position - MUST be available Wednesday - Sundays in the afternoons & evenings. Dessert Shop hours are Thursday- Friday, 4pm - 9pm, Saturday 12-8pm and Sunday 12-5pm
Please email with a resume attached. No phone calls please.
- Ability to work and communicate one on one with customers
- Able to lead by example, promote team work
- Consistently maintains high standard of quality and visual appeal
- Assists management with sanitation and safety
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to listen and embrace critiques on food from customers and staff
- Requires an ability to reason and solve practical problems
- Ability to handle high-pressure, stressful situations
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude with a high energy personality
- Ability to provide and demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Ability to safely handle liquid nitrogen following proper training and adhere to safety policies and procedures
- While performing the duties of this job, this employees is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This person must frequently lift/and or move up to 50 pounds.
Available Benefits: None
Application Deadline: 05/25/2023
How Do You Apply? Email Employer
The Inventing Room
The Inventing Room Dessert Shop
4433 W. 29th Ave, Unit 101, Colorado Denver
The Colorado Restaurant Association is dedicated to the enhancement and success of Colorado’s foodservice industry. Founded in 1933, the CRA is the leading trade organization for the state’s dynamic restaurant scene. The CRA represents, educates, and promotes a $14 billion+ industry comprising more than 12,500 eating and drinking establishments and 295,000 workers. For more information, visit corestaurant.org.