Welcome to the Colorado Restaurant Association Job Board! We created this resource to be an easy-to-access space where hospitality job seekers and employers across Colorado can find one other. There’s never been a better time to join the restaurant industry, and, as you’ll see from the listings below, there are incredible opportunities at all levels of experience. Restaurant work is fun, gratifying, and more lucrative than ever; this industry builds and nurtures the Colorado communities we all love to call home. Find your work family today, right here!
Sous Chef | Yardbird Table and Bar - Denver
Compensation: Salary | 60,000-65,000 | Not-tipped
Availability: Full-Time | Shift: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Weekends, Flexible, Full
Experience Needed: 2 - 3 years, 3 - 4 years, 4 - 5 years | Job Category: Kitchen, Kitchen Manager, Sous Chef
The Sous Chef provides restaurant guests excellent food quality, consistency, reasonable prices, in an attractive environment, and with professional service. Responsibilities include managing the culinary functions to meet the food quality goals, meeting the company's financial goals, facilities maintenance, and personnel development objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Must be able to maintain tact and cool under pressure
• Able to work flexible hours necessary including off hours, weekends and holidays
• Ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality
• Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility
• Excellent guest service skills
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• The Chef will provide "excellent quality" and "presentation" of all food to the guests.
• The demonstration, preparation and execution of each menu item and the item specifications and presentation will be agreed
• In maintaining the standard of "excellent quality", the Chef is responsible for ongoing training and communicating these
standards to the staff.
• Proper guest service requires that the food is produced on a timely basis and that the servers are well educated regarding the
• It is the Chef's responsibility to participate in service education through:
• Daily line-ups;
• Quarterly menu meetings; and
• New server training programs
• It is also the Chef's responsibility to train the kitchen staff to produce meals promptly.
• The goal is to execute all tickets in twenty minutes or less.
• It is the Chef's responsibility to meet the financial targets while achieving the food quality and service objectives.
• If there are structural reasons that the financial goals cannot be met without sacrificing food quality of service, it is the Chef's
responsibility to identify the problems and bring them promptly to the attention of the General Manager.
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities.
• It is the Chef's responsibilities to supervise the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and
downstairs prep area.
• The Chef should make the appropriate assignments within his staff.
• Assists the General Manager in supervising all kitchen employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of this unit.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
• The employee frequently is required to stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger, handle or feel; talk; hear; see; and reach with
hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 50 pounds
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Degree in Culinary Arts
• Food Safety/Manager Certification
• Customer/Client Focus Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation along with menu concept and design.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports, purchase orders, menus and correspondence.
• Ability to communicate to groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability
to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Founded by CEO John Kunkel, 50 Eggs is a James Beard nominated, multi-faceted, full-service culinary and hospitality firm focused on developing cutting-edge brands with unparalleled dining experiences. 50 Eggs owns and operates the award-winning Yardbird Table & Bar, CHICA, Spring Chicken, and WAKUDA, a bold, artful collision of time and culture, traditional and modern Japanese cuisine and seductive design created by world-renowned, two-Michelin-starred Chef Tetsuya Wakuda and 50 Eggs Hospitality CEO John Kunkel.
Available Benefits: PTO and Paid Sick Time, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Store Discount, Meals
How Do You Apply? External Website
Yardbird Table and Bar - Denver
2743 Blake Street
Denver, Colorado 80205
The Colorado Restaurant Association is dedicated to the enhancement and success of Colorado’s foodservice industry. Founded in 1933, the CRA is the leading trade organization for the state’s dynamic restaurant scene. The CRA represents, educates, and promotes a $14 billion+ industry comprising more than 12,500 eating and drinking establishments and 295,000 workers. For more information, visit corestaurant.org.