Welcome to the Colorado Restaurant Association Job Board! We created this resource to be an easy-to-access space where hospitality job seekers and employers across Colorado can find one other. There’s never been a better time to join the restaurant industry, and, as you’ll see from the listings below, there are incredible opportunities at all levels of experience. Restaurant work is fun, gratifying, and more lucrative than ever; this industry builds and nurtures the Colorado communities we all love to call home. Find your work family today, right here!
Prep Cook | Yardbird Table and Bar - Denver
Compensation: Hourly | 20.00-25.00 | Not-tipped
Availability: Full-Time | Shift: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Weekends, Flexible, Full
Experience Needed: 1 - 2 years, 2 - 3 years, 3 - 4 years, 4 - 5 years, 5+ years | Job Category: Kitchen, Prep Cook
Founded by CEO John Kunkel, 50 Eggs is a James Beard nominated, multi-faceted, full-service culinary and hospitality firm focused on developing cutting-edge brands with unparalleled dining experiences. 50 Eggs owns and operates the award-winning Yardbird Table & Bar, CHICA, Spring Chicken, and WAKUDA, a bold, artful collision of time and culture, traditional and modern Japanese cuisine and seductive design created by world-renowned, two-Michelin-starred Chef Tetsuya Wakuda and 50 Eggs Hospitality CEO John Kunkel.
REPORTS TO: Sous Chef
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Kitchen Staff, Stewarding Staff, F&B Staff
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in accordance with departmental quality standards and recipes. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
• Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations (where applicable)
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and procedures
• Meet with Chefs to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to job performance
• Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift
• Organize all the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service
• Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards
• Assist in monitoring inventory of prepared food items to keep waste down while managing 86’s
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
• Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through
• Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
• Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests' food orders
• Ability to maintain good coordination
• Ability to work with all products and ingredients involved
• Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met
• Ability to differentiate dates
• Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions
• Ability to comprehend and follow recipes
• Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
• Must be able to maintain tact and be cool under pressure
• Able to work flexible hours necessary including off hours, weekends and holidays
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral form
Available Benefits: PTO and Paid Sick Time, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Store Discount, Meals
How Do You Apply? External Website
Yardbird Table and Bar - Denver
2743 Blake Street
Denver, Colorado 80205
The Colorado Restaurant Association is dedicated to the enhancement and success of Colorado’s foodservice industry. Founded in 1933, the CRA is the leading trade organization for the state’s dynamic restaurant scene. The CRA represents, educates, and promotes a $14 billion+ industry comprising more than 12,500 eating and drinking establishments and 295,000 workers. For more information, visit corestaurant.org.