Welcome to the Colorado Restaurant Association Job Board! We created this resource to be an easy-to-access space where hospitality job seekers and employers across Colorado can find one other. There’s never been a better time to join the restaurant industry, and, as you’ll see from the listings below, there are incredible opportunities at all levels of experience. Restaurant work is fun, gratifying, and more lucrative than ever; this industry builds and nurtures the Colorado communities we all love to call home. Find your work family today, right here!
Executive Sous Chef | Steuben's Food Service
Compensation: Salary | Base Annual Salary $55,000 - $75,000 + Benefits + Bonus | Not-tipped
Availability: Full-Time | Shift: Full
Experience Needed: 2 - 3 years | Job Category: Chef de Cuisine, Executive Chef, Kitchen, Kitchen Manager, Sous Chef
Steuben's opened in 2006 and quickly gained great popularity with its regional American menu, award-wining classic cocktail program, and eye-catching design. We are part of Secret Sauce Food and Beverage, a locally owned and independent restaurant group behind Steuben's and Ace Eat Serve.
The ideal applicant has previous kitchen management experience as well as experience working professionally and productively in every station of a kitchen. These individuals should be clean, efficient, and detail oriented. Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to demonstrate consistent, positive energy is an absolute must. Candidates should have the ability to confidently guide and direct kitchen staff.
Job responsibilities include food cost management, inventory control, schedule writing, and input into creating menu items or daily specials.
Secret Sauce F&B offers great management benefits such as:
- 100% Paid Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (2-4 weeks based on tenure)
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- $1,000 annual dining credit at sister restaurants
- Discounted company gym and yoga memberships (24 Hour Fitness, CorePower Yoga, Colorado Athletic Club, Movement Climbing Gym, Aspire Fitness)
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by setting cost center and labor goals, analyzing variances, and initiating changes to correct discrepancies, especially in the areas of food and labor costs.
- Perform all major day-to-day kitchen duties, including opening and/or closing and setting up; checking stations for preparedness, cleanliness, and mise en place; ensuring that all staff has arrived for their scheduled shifts; and creating log reports to monitor food, service, and employee performance issues.
- Expedite during lunch and dinner services, checking all tickets and food to ensure timely delivery and quality.
- Manage all ordering and inventory procedures, including receiving and putting away deliveries; managing proper storage and rotation of product; performing weekly inventory of all food items; checking product guides for competitive pricing; and overseeing non-food item purchases such as linens and equipment to ensure correct supply levels for business.
- Oversee production of all food, including creating and executing daily prep lists, preparing all menu items according to defined recipes; tasting and checking all prepped items to ensure quality control; and making adjustments to food throughout service as necessary.
- Maintain and communicate all health department standards.
- Fill out temperature logs and checking holding equipment to ensure hazards and issues with food and equipment are identified and addressed according to health department standards and proper HACCP procedures.
- Be aware of and take initiative for kitchen cleanliness and maintenance issues.
- Perform administrative duties, including entering orders, inventory, and employees in POS and RSI; managing accounts payable; and placing daily orders.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities:
- Serve as a leader and example by modeling professionalism, respect, integrity, teamwork, and excellence amongst staff and management.
- Direct, delegate, and coach staff on proper menu preparation and execution.
- Manage labor hours by making cuts, working a station on the line when necessary, and monitoring schedule changes to avoid overtime whenever possible.
- Provide coaching and critical feedback to staff when they fail to meet job expectations. Properly document employee performance issues and disciplinary actions.
- Communicate with managers and staff regarding daily specials, menu or product changes, 86 items, etc. to ensure smooth service.
- Work with management team to recruit, interview, and hire the most qualified and capable employees available.
- Oversee the training and progression of all new hires.
- Attend and actively participate in all company-wide events.
Desired Skill Set and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years kitchen experience, minimum 1-year management experience preferred
- Strong kitchen skills, technique, and proficiency in all kitchen stations.
- Strong leadership, management, and communication skills; ability to provide feedback, communicate clearly, resolve conflict, and foster teamwork
- Experience and passion for working with Regional American Cuisine
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn administrative duties including cost and labor analysis, not afraid of computers
Willingness to work 50-60 hours per week
Available Benefits: PTO and Paid Sick Time, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, Wellness Reimbursement, Store Discount, Meals
How Do You Apply? Email Employer
523 E 17th Ave
Denver, Colorado 80203
The Colorado Restaurant Association is dedicated to the enhancement and success of Colorado’s foodservice industry. Founded in 1933, the CRA is the leading trade organization for the state’s dynamic restaurant scene. The CRA represents, educates, and promotes a $14 billion+ industry comprising more than 12,500 eating and drinking establishments and 295,000 workers. For more information, visit corestaurant.org.