Welcome to the Colorado Restaurant Association Job Board! We created this resource to be an easy-to-access space where hospitality job seekers and employers across Colorado can find one other. There’s never been a better time to join the restaurant industry, and, as you’ll see from the listings below, there are incredible opportunities at all levels of experience. Restaurant work is fun, gratifying, and more lucrative than ever; this industry builds and nurtures the Colorado communities we all love to call home. Find your work family today, right here!
Customer Experience Coordinator | Uncorked Kitchen & Wine Bar
Compensation: Hourly | $16-$18 | Tipped
Availability: Part-Time | Shift: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Weekends
Experience Needed: 6 months – 1 year | Job Category: Administrative
When our customers have questions, complaints or suggestions about our services or products, they turn to customer experience specialists for answers. Customer Experience Specialists provide specific information regarding the services, products, and/or materials offered by Uncorked Kitchen. They answer phones, handle customer service issues, and open and close customer accounts. Our customer experience team is also responsible for ensuring a high-quality experience from first contact through event experience including follow up. In summary, they are the direct link between a company and its existing, potential and returning customers.
• Answer phones and handle customer interaction.
• Resolve conflict with customers in a professional manner.
• Communicate and uphold health and safety guidelines and policies with guests.
• Maintain cleanliness and appearance of entryway, lobby area, and 1st floor bathrooms.
• Escort customers to their assigned teaching kitchen or wine bar.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the services offered and be able to articulate all programs, costs, policies and booking procedures.
• Communicate to the kitchen staff any last minute additions or changes to the class roster
• Serve as the main contact point for guests in both public and private events through the first 30 minutes of any given kitchen or wine event.
• Manage and maintain reservations in TOCK for the wine bar.
• Understand and follow all health and safety guidelines and policies required of staff.
• Maintain retail items and inventory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
• Possesses good organizational skills
• Demonstrates a warm, friendly, helpful demeanor that shines through in face-to-face and phone interactions
• Demonstrates an eye for detail and the willingness to perform tasks without being asked.
• A “self-starter” attitude and ability to autonomously set deadlines and meet them to complete tasks.
• Ability to clearly relay information, both verbal and written to others
• Ability to handle stress and a variety of problems with professionalism
• Ability to respond to customer complaints, requests and inquiries in a professional and timely manner
• Ability to multi-task
• Have basic knowledge of computer software such as excel, word and adobe
Education or Formal Training:
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
1+ years’ experience as administrative or executive assistant
1+ years customer service management role
Available Benefits: PTO and Paid Sick Time, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, Store Discount
How Do You Apply? Email Employer
8171 S Chester St. Suite A
Centennial, Colorado 80112
The Colorado Restaurant Association is dedicated to the enhancement and success of Colorado’s foodservice industry. Founded in 1933, the CRA is the leading trade organization for the state’s dynamic restaurant scene. The CRA represents, educates, and promotes a $14 billion+ industry comprising more than 12,500 eating and drinking establishments and 295,000 workers. For more information, visit corestaurant.org.