Welcome to the Colorado Restaurant Association Job Board! We created this resource to be an easy-to-access space where hospitality job seekers and employers across Colorado can find one other. There’s never been a better time to join the restaurant industry, and, as you’ll see from the listings below, there are incredible opportunities at all levels of experience. Restaurant work is fun, gratifying, and more lucrative than ever; this industry builds and nurtures the Colorado communities we all love to call home. Find your work family today, right here!
Full Time Night/Closing Assistant Dining Room Manager | Dillon Dam Brewery
Compensation: Hourly | 28.00/hour | Not-tipped
Availability: Full-Time | Shift: Evening
Experience Needed: 6 months – 1 year | Job Category: Management
Provides, educates and supervises excellent customer service to our guests and staff as indicated in our employee manual. Supports our mission statement of hearing “We’ll be back!” from all we serve. The Assistant Dining Room Manager will be scheduled by and report to the Dining Room Manager and General Manager for the overall operation of the restaurant. During normal scheduled shifts the Assistant Dining Room Manager will report to the Dining Room Manager. The Assistant Dining Room Manager will act as the manager in the absence of a senior Dining Room Manager. Assists with interviewing potential candidates and completes new employee orientation for FOH staff. The Assistant Dining Room Manager must close 5 or 6 nights per week in times of crisis or when the company is short managers.
Assists senior managers or acts as manager on duty in absence of other managers. Directs dining room and coordinates foodservice activities. May open, close, or provide mid-shift coverage for the daily shifts scheduled. Supervises and trains employees, confers with food preparation and other personnel to plan menus and related activities
Primary responsibility of the Assistant manager is to run safe, successful and profitable dinner and floor operations. Staff and customer satisfaction is the highest priority. Keeping the staff productive and focused on delivering great hospitality is a key part of the job. Rewarding good staff performance through public praise and correcting (in a private and respectful environment) poor or incorrect behavior ASAP is essential. Discipline, reviews, and if necessary suspensions and terminations will be done with second manager as required.
1. Oversees dining room-bar area. Supervises food and beverage service employees in accordance with operating policies. Follow procedures for cash handling of drawers, petty cash, and waiter cash outs. Enforce the alcohol procedures of the State of Colorado and The Dam Brewing Company, and any other duties that may be deemed necessary by your supervisor.
2. Communication: Responsible for making consistent table visits to insure customers are happy with services and products. Handles patron complaints and suggestions. Communicates problems, successes or notable events to manager in red book or directly to General Manager. In charge of ensuring great customer service is achieved during each shift scheduled. Opens and closes business as needed. In absence of other management is in charge of the business and is authorized to take charge of any situations as necessary. Communicates business levels to kitchen staff throughout the shift.
3. Maintain a safe and clean environment. Enforce all rules and regulations of the company. Ensure the cleanliness of tables, floors and bathrooms, (Clean bathrooms are especially important to the customer, remember to keep staff on top of keeping bathrooms clean and picked up.) Maintain proper temperature of rooms and proper music and sound level for time of day. Ensures closing procedures are followed by all staff.
4. Responsible for minimizing labor by reducing (or adding staff if needed) during on-going shifts. Will advise and coordinate with kitchen supervisor to achieve proper staff in kitchen. In the absence of a designated kitchen supervisor will confer with senior kitchen person to make corrections on kitchen staffing.
5. Attends manager meetings or as required for front of house management.
6. Assists Dining Room Manager with training programs as needed. Helps conduct a minimum of three training meetings for wait staff and three meetings for host-bus annually. Assists managers in producing and providing quarterly reviews of, wait staff, hosts, and bussers. Reviews must be in writing and filed, with signatures, in the employees personnel file. Before reviews are filed, they must be submitted to Dining Room Manager for review.
7. Assists Dining Room Manager and General Manager with other duties as deemed necessary.
Must be able to communicate clearly with employees, dining room staff and guests. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four hours in length including using stairs on a continuous basis. Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds in weight. Must be able to facilitate the communication process with staff on a continuing basis. Must have the stamina to work 40-50 hours per week or more in times of crisis.
Available Benefits: PTO and Paid Sick Time
How Do You Apply? Email Employer
Dillon Dam Brewery
100 Little Dam Street, Colorado 80435
The Colorado Restaurant Association is dedicated to the enhancement and success of Colorado’s foodservice industry. Founded in 1933, the CRA is the leading trade organization for the state’s dynamic restaurant scene. The CRA represents, educates, and promotes a $14 billion+ industry comprising more than 12,500 eating and drinking establishments and 295,000 workers. For more information, visit corestaurant.org.